Kabul: The Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs on Thursday announced that it has extended the closure of kindergartens for another two weeks to prevent the spread of the third wave of the coronavirus.
The ministry said in a statement that all kindergartens, with the exception of the creche at the Ministry of Public Health, has been closed for two weeks in 16 provinces. However, the ministry has also called on all government agencies to take the necessary measures for working mothers who have young children.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) has called for a national mobilization to fight the coronavirus pandemic. The ministry has sought the help of religious scholars, civil society members, journalists, county representatives, and local elders to support the health sector, and join hands in promoting public awareness and explain preventive measures in order to provide a safe working environment for healthcare personnel.
MoPH recently extended the leave for schools, training centers, wedding halls and sports clubs in Kabul, Ghazni, Helmand, Kandahar, Logar, Nangarhar, Paktia, Parwan, Maidan Wardak, Panjshir, Balkh, Laghman, Badakhshan provinces. Kapisa, Kunduz and Nimroz for two weeks.
The rising number of cases has led to a shortage of oxygen in various areas. Local residents in Herat city expressed concerned about the lack of oxygen at the provincial COVID-19 hospital. They stated that due to the power outage caused by the destruction of power transmission pylon in Kohsan district on June 8, the hospital was facing oxygen shortages, as the producing factories had stopped their operations.
buy cialis sublingual online https://thupload.com/wp-content/themes/twentytwentytwo/inc/patterns/new/cialis-sublingual.html no prescription
Provincial Governor’s spokesperson Jailani Farhad assured residents that necessary measures were in place to address the issue. Farhad hoped that the lack of oxygen supply would be resolved soon, as local officials had called for immediate distribution of oxygen to patients.
In fact, the increasing number of COVID-19 cases has even impacted the sports field with the Afghanistan Cricket Board announcing on Thursday that the eighth round of the Shpageeza Cricket League, which was scheduled to take place in June or July, has been postponed.
“Last month, the Afghanistan Cricket Board issued an expression of interest in owning the royalties of the eighth season teams of Shpageeza League, and a number of national businessmen also shared their interest applications with the agency,” the statement said.
The Cricket Board has stated that it will extend the process of finding investors, as it wants to attract a large number of traders to invest in the eighth season of the Cricket League. The agency also added that it is working to expedite the process of identifying team franchisees and identifying team owners earlier this season so that they have more time to market and prepare their teams.