5 Killed In Gunmen Attack In Paghman: Police
Kabul: At least five people were killed in an attack by unknown gunmen in the Paghman district of Kabul province shortly after midnight on Friday, police said.
Kabul police in a statement said that five members of one family were returning from a wedding ceremony when they were abducted by gunmen and killed later. Police blamed the Taliban for the attack.
Taliban so far has not commented on the attack. A security official in Paghman who wished not to be named told a local media outlet said that a former mujahideen commander Ghazi Oryakhil is also among those killed in the attack. Others killed in the attack are the commander’s relatives, the source said.
Meanwhile, one person was killed and three others were injured in an explosion in Mazar-e-Sharif city of Balkh province on Saturday.
Adel Shah Adel, a spokesperson for the Balkh police, said the blast occurred at 10:19am on Saturday in the PD6 of Mazar-e-Sharif.
A Balkh police spokesperson said that the blast was caused by a magnetic mine placed in a bicycle. Adel added that all the victims are civilians.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the blast.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie