Released Taliban Prisoner Arrested in Kabul
The press office of the first Vice President said that a senior member of the Taliban named Sefatullah had been arrested in a special operation in the PD21 of Kabul.
The VP office in a statement said the member was among 5,000 prisoners released by the government to advance the peace process.
According to the statement, the detainee has amitted that after his release from prison, he resumed his terrorist activities against the Afghan security forces and the people.
This comes as the city of Kabul has witnessed an increase in bloody explosions in the past three days.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie