16 Al-Qaeda Members Killed in Kapisa: MoD
The Ministry of Defense (MoD) says that 16 members of the Al-Qaeda group were killed in a joint operation by the defense and security forces with the support of commandos and air forces in the “Afghania Dara” area of Najrab district of Kapisa province.
“The 16 Al-Qaeda members were Pakistani nationals,” MoD said in a statement.
The statement stated that 14 Taliban fighters were also killed and 6 others were wounded in the operation.
The statement added, the operation is ongoing and so far the villages of Hajian, Khalifa Gan, Zakir Khel Kuchak and Badakhil in Afghania Dara have been cleared of the Taliban.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie