Afghanistan Poised to Serve as Platform of International, Regional Cooperation: Ghani
President Ashraf Ghani says Afghanistan is poised to serve as a roundabout between central, east, south and west Asia and a platform of international and regional cooperation.
Speaking at the 14th ECOSummit which was held virtually on Thursday, President said the people and government of Afghanistan and the international partners, have a true sense of urgency to make and build peace.
“Your support for an comprehensive ceasefire to accelerate the negotiations in Doha is essential,” Ghani said.
President Ghani said, “For forty-two years, we have been denied the foundational right to peace. It is time to stop the violence that has turned our beautiful country into a killing field.”
He stated that Pakistan has an especially significant role to play in supporting a lasting peace process, for it is the country most likely to suffer from the adverse consequences of a failed peace process.
“Internationally managed and monitored elections to elect the next president is the critical criteria for ensuring a balance between constitutional continuity and change,” President added.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie