Pregnant Woman Killed in Kandahar Armed Attack
In an armed attack in Kandahar province, the pregnant wife of head of Police criminal investigation department of PD11 of Kandahar city was killed, local officials said.
According to Police, the attack happened when the officer took his wife to the hospital to give birth.
Doctors rescued the baby, whose mother was killed before giving birth.
According to the Kandahar police, the head of Police criminal investigating department was also injured in the attack.
Kandahar police spokesman Jamal Nasser Barakzai said on Sunday that the attack took place at 8:00pm last night in PD11.
Doctors say the wounded baby’s is now under treatment.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie