Local Authorities Call for More Troops as Possibility of Sangcharak District’s Collapse Soars
Security officials have warned of high-level security threats in Sangcharak district of Sar-e Pol province.
Speaking to Reporterly on Monday, Zabiullah Amani, spokesman of Sar-e-Pol governor said that the district faces high-security threats and threats are increasing.
Mr. Amani added, “reinforcement forces had been deployed to the district a few days ago, and today a number of security forces were also sent to the district which is not enough, and we have also asked the authorities for more forces.”
Sar-e Pol governor spokesman added that in clash between Taliban and security forces in the district on Monday night, heavy causalities were inflicted on insurgents but there is still no exact information about the casualties.
Meanwhile, Asadullah Danish, Sar-e Pol provincial council member told Reporterly that only the center of district and several surrounding villages of the district are in control of security forces and in other areas Taliban have active presence.
“Security forces in the Sangcharak district have defensive status and enough troops to clear the district from Taliban insurgents have not been deployed,” Mr. Danish added.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie