15 Prisoners Rescued From Taliban Prison in Kunduz
At least 15 prisoners were rescued from a Taliban prison in Kunduz province, as per security officials.
The rescue operation held in Imam Sahib district in the northern province of Kunduz, was done by Afghan Special Forces, Special Operation Corps said in statement on Monday.
In a joint operation carried out by Afghan commando and 09 Unit of National Directorate of Security in Alef Birdi area of Imam Sahib district, 15 people including security personnel and civilians were rescued from a Taliban prison, Kunduz provincial spokesperson Esmatullah Muradi confirmed to the Reporterly.
Muradi added that a weapon cache of Taliban group was also destroyed in the operation.
The Taliban group suffered heavy casualties but there is no exact number to report yet, as told by Esmatullah Muradi.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie