MoI: Taliban Violated Eid Ceasefire And Killed 20 Civilians
The Ministry of Interior (MoI) said that the Taliban violated the Eid ceasefire by carrying out 38 offences in the past three days.
“Taliban has repeatedly violated the principles of war and reduction in violence,” said Tariq Arain, spokesperson for the MoI on Monday, adding that this showed “the group’s lack of commitment to what it says.”
Arian said 60 civilians had been “martyred and wounded” in the Eid al-Adha holiday.
Among them, 20 were killed and 40 were wounded in terrorist attacks, attacks and mine explosions.
The Taliban have not yet commented officially on the report.
The government and the Taliban have not yet officially stated their position on the extension of the ceasefire which the international community called for.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie