UNAMA Expresses Concern Over Civilian Casualties in Helmand
UNAMA released a statement to express concern over “credible” reports of casualties faced by Afghan civilians due to airstrikes on Friday in Sangin district of Helmand.
It also announced that it has followed up on the reports and that the UN mission will share its findings when established.
Reports of more than 10 people facing casualties in Sangin district of Helmand province surfaced on Sunday. As per sources, the casualties were caused by airstrikes which were launched in an ongoing fight between Afghan security forces and the Taliban.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie