Developing: Over 40 Casualties Reported After Blast In Samangan
At least 40 people were killed and wounded in an explosion in Aybak city, the capital of Samangan province on Monday.
Abdul Khalil Musadiq, provincial head of the health department said 43 people, including three children and a woman, were taken to the hospital.
Meanwhile, Sediq Azizi, spokesperson for Samangan governor said, that the blast happened near the provincial headquarters of National Directorate of Security (NDS).
The incident took place around 11 am. Azizi said it was triggered by a car bomb, following which attackers also entered the target and gunshots were heard.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie