Major Taliban Attack In Samangan Capital Kills 10, Wounds 54
The Taliban waged a sustained assault in Samngan’s provincial capital Aybak on Monday, which led to 10 deaths and 54 injured people.
The attack began with a car bomb exploding near the provincial National Directorate of Security (NDS) office at around 11am and gunshots were heard as attackers stormed the building.
Four gunmen then entered the compound, where after hours of clashing with the Afghan security forces, they were shot dead, confirmed Samangan Governor Abdul Latif Ebrahimi.
He also mentioned the casualties are likely to increase with civilians accounting for most of the injured.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie