Taliban Charging Trucks Money To Pass In Parts Of Northern Highway
Clashes in the Baghlan were reported by members of the provincial council, who expressed concern over the growing insecurity and said Taliban has amped up its activities in the Cheshme Shir and Dand-e-Ghori area.
There are reports of the group setting up checkpoints in the area and collecting 5,000 to 30,000 AFN from each passing freight vehicle.
Over 200 passenger vehicles are also stranded along the Samangan and Robatak highways as the Taliban gave them an ultimatum to pay for crossing, near Pul-e-Khumri city.
According to a council member, the Taliban is charging a passage fee of 5,000 AFN for small trucks, 10,000 AFN for ten-cylinder vehicles, 20,000 AFN for fuel trucks and 30,000 AFN from the 18-wheelers.
There are also reports of clashes with security forces in at least six of the 14 districts of Baghlan.
Meanwhile, the Baghlan governor’s office assured that while Taliban have been active in the province, security forces have been combatting them.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie