Khalilzad to Visit India
US Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation Zalmay Khalilzad is set make his second visit to India for consultations starting on Monday.
While seeking support and ideas from India for the ongoing reconciliation, Khalilzad is also expected to brief Indian authorities about the progress made in the peace efforts in the past few months.
The US peace envoy for Afghanistan is likely to meet external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj and foreign secretary Vijay Gokhale.
The last time Khalilzad was here was in January when India conveyed to him that there was a need to protect the existing structure in Afghanistan and to also not insist on the formation of an interim government.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie