Farid Basim Resigns As Governor Of Baghlan
Independent Directorate of Local Governance (IDLG) said that Farid Basim has resigned from his post citing personal reasons.
President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani has accepted his resignation, IDLG confirmed in a statement on Monday.
The statement added that Abbdul Qadim Niazi the deputy governor of Baghlan has been appointed as the acting governor until the appointment of new governor.
The resignation of Baghlan governor comes as the province witnessed intense fighting between Taliban group and Afghan security forces in the past two weeks.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie