IECC asks IEC to not Intervene
In a press conference by commissioner of electoral complaints commission, it was made clear that the IECC is the body to receive and take care of complaints, not IEC.
The IECC called on the IEC to stop intervening in its affairs over the issue of candidates violating election rules. IECC made it clear that if any more interference by IEC continues then the body will be prosecuted.
The IECC spokesman Ali Reza Rouhani said all violations of electoral campaigns will be probed and handled by the electoral complaints commission except media violations that will be probed by the election commission’s media committee.
Rouhani also added that “Lack or delay in issuance of the preliminary list of voters and lack of a specified period for addressing complains over voters list are the problems that have created problems for us.”
This new quagmire between the commissions has begun ever since election campaigns began on Friday last week.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie