Customs Tariffs See Threefold Hike on Import
The Afghan government has increased tariffs on imported goods from 150 to 450 thousand Afghanis per container. Afghan businessmen have protested in response to this decision.
The increase in customs tariffs has led to threats by Afghan businessmen. The businessmen said on Tuesday that they will close the markets if tariffs are not lowered.
The Deputy Head of the Afghan Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Khan Jan Alkozay, said that the government’s decision is unjust.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie