53 Taliban prisoners including Security Forces freed in Uruzgan Province
Security officials have announced the release of 53 Taliban prisoners in southern Uruzgan province.
According to the Special Operations Corps, 53 prisoners were released last night by commandos from a Taliban prison in Khas Uruzgan district of Uruzgan province.
Defense Minister Asadullah Khalid said at a news conference that these prisoners were in the Taliban custody for 2 to 10 years. These released prisoners include security forces and civilians.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie