Promising Athletes Win Olympic Scholarships On Road To Tokyo 2020
Two women taekwondo athletes were awarded a scholarship by the International Olympic committee (IOC) as they attempt to qualify for Tokyo 2020 which will be held in July 2021.
The Afghanistan National Olympic Committee (NOC) said that Somayeh Gholami and Zahra Mirzaei will gain funding from the IOC’s Olympic Solidarity Programme.
The pair join taekwondo athletes Farzad Mansouri and Mohsen Rezaei who also received direct financial support from the IOC’s Solidarity Programme.
Olympic-bound swimmer Mohammad Fahim Anwari has also been given financial backing from the IOC.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie