Taliban Attack Kunduz; Clashes Still Underway
Afghan local officials said Taliban insurgents started their attacks on parts of Kunduz city at around 01:30am today and clashes are still underway between Taliban and security forces.
Reports suggest that clashes are now raging in several security outposts, including the Qahwa Khana, Se Sad Family, PD2, Pol-e Hindusosan , Pol-e Safid and various parts of Kunduz City.
Kunduz police spokesman Sayed Sarwar Hussaini on his Facebook page assured Kunduz residents of the readiness of the security forces against the insurgents.
Two rockets have reportedly hit the courtyard of the Kunduz provincial hospital and a vehicle was set on fire.
Sources at the Kunduz provincial hospital say civilians and military casualties have been transferred to the hospital with no exact figures.
This comes as the clashes are intensely underway in Se Darak area and PD1 of Kunduz city.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie