Afghan Garrison Commander Killed in Balkh IED Blast
Afghan security officials in Balkh province have confirmed that the garrison commander of army’s third brigade has been killed in an IED explosion in Sholgra district.
Police in Sholgra district said that Muhammad Tariq, the garrison commander was killed in a mine explosion in Bodana Qala village and two more soldiers were wounded.
Based on Police information, the incident took place on Friday night when a clash erupted between the security forces and Taliban militants.
Police added that at least nine members of Taliban were killed and seven more were wounded in government’s air forces airstrikes in the same district.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie