Deputy FM Meets German Special Representative Potzel
At the sidelines of the ‘Berlin Climate and Security Conference’, Deputy Foreign Minister for Political Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Mr. Idrees Zaman attended a lunch reception hosted by the Special Representative of the Federal Republic of Germany Mr. Markus Potzel, as informed in a statement released by Afghan Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Deputy Minister Zaman provided a brief on the political situation, the peace process & inter-Afghan talks, Kabul Process III Meeting, the upcoming Presidential Elections, and the outcome of the Consultative Loya Jirga on Peace, and called for international community’s support for peace in the country.
The reception was also attended by: the US Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad, Special Representative of the UN Secretary General Mr. Tadamichi Yamamoto, the British Special Representative to Afghanistan and Pakistan Mr. Gareth Bayley, European Union Special Envoy for Afghanistan Mr. Roland Kobia and Norwegian Special Representative for Afghanistan Ms. Liza Goldien. They expressed their firm support for holding transparent and fair elections and for the peace process led and owned by the people and government of Afghanistan.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie