Newly Elected MPs to Vote in Speaker of House
The Wolesi Jirga/Lower House members, who have been recently elected are set to choose the speaker of the house on Saturday.
Although Kabul elections results are yet to be announced apart from the parliamentary elections are yet to be conducted for Ghazni province, the officials say that MPs have decided to go ahead and elect a speaker.
Rahimullah Ghalib, the deputy head of parliament’s secretariat has said that in the above case, the former MPs of Ghazni retain their right to vote for the speaker nominees on Saturday elections, but have not the right to be elected.
The parliament was inaugurated on April 26 after a two-month delay and since then two general sessions have been left.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie