Khalilzad: Peace Process a Priority, But Afghans Deserve Credible Presidential Elections
US Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation expressed on Twitter that when it comes to Afghanistan, a peace process that delivers political settlement is US’s priority, but that doesn’t mean Afghans cannot demand for credible presidential elections.
“In recent days, a few commentators have raised questions about our priorities in Afghanistan. A peace process that delivers a political settlement is THE priority. Afghans want peace above all else”, Khalilzad tweeted.
He added that wanting peace does not “preclude Afghans from demanding preparations for a credible presidential election”.
Khalilzad said that election planning in Afghanistan must go forward as they pursue the peace Afghans deserve.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie