Voting for Lower House Speaker, No Declared Winner
Newly elected MPs of the lower House of Parliament on Saturday started the process of electing the house speaker.
The main contenders for the position were Mir Rahman Rahmani and Kamal Nasir Osuli.
However neither of the two candidates succeeded in getting the position as the Wolesi Jirga speaker as they got 123 and 55 votes respectively. A total 124 votes were needed for the post.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie