Nine Children Killed in Explosion in Takhar
At least nine school children were killed and another one injured in an explosion in Darqad district of Takhar province, local officials confirmed.
The children were on their way to school when the incident took place, Abdul Khalil Aseer, spokesman of Takhar Police said.
Takhar police say Taliban maintains a strong presence in the district.
However, the militant group did not immediately comment on the bombing.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie