More Than 800 Taliban Militants Killed, Wounded in 7 Past Months in Herat
Afghan security officials have said that 604 Taliban insurgents were killed and 283 others were wounded during the past seven months in Herat province.
The spokesman of Herat Police, Abdul Ahad Wali Zada in a press conference on Saturday said, “Herat Police have conducted at least 30 independent and joint operations in Chesht, Oba, Pashton Zarghon, Keshk, Robat Sangi, Keshk-e Kohna, Farsi and Kahsan districts in the past seven months and inflicted heavy casualties on Taliban.”
According to the Wali Zada, Taliban’s key commanders are among the killed and 27 other militants were arrested too.
“Afghan forces also seized 1540kg drugs, 1073 liters of alcoholic drinks, 13 weapons, 34 vehicles, and $250,” he said.
The Herat Police spokesman stated that 21 acres of lands planted with narcotics have also been destroyed and 70 drugs addicted have been referred to the health clinics.
He added that around 1983 individuals were also arrested in accusation of armed robberies, being members of armed irresponsible groups and smuggling during the past seven months.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie