10 Civilians Injured As Taliban Opened Fire In Takhar
Taliban militants launched at attack on security checkpoints along the Kunduz-Takhar highway on Friday evening, killing one security forces member and wounding three others.
Takhar Police spokesperson Khalil Asir told Reporterly on Saturday, that a Taliban commander named Qari Omari Gojar was killed during the clashes and three militants were also wounded.
Asir said the Taliban opened fire while fleeing the area, further injuring at least 10 civilians who were working in the fields nearby.
The civilians were transferred to the hospitals and they are now stable, Asir said.
The Taliban is yet to comment on the incident.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie