Gov’t Has Clear Communicated Stance For Talks with Taliban: Wahid Omar
The Senior Advisor to President Ashraf Ghani Waheed Omar says regarding the ceasefire, the Afghan government has “a clearly communicated stance.”
“It is a precondition for us. It’s upon Taliban to make up their mind. We cannot comment on speculations and rumors,” Waheed Omar wrote on Twitter.
The comments come as sources close to the Taliban have confirmed that the group’s leadership has agreed on a seven-day ceasefire.
“We are not withholding the talks or the list. We are waiting for Taliban to conclude their talks with the US, announce a ceasefire and be ready to talk to a delegation that will represent the Afghan State,” Omar added.
Omar said that the delegation will be small that represent Afghan people.
“The delegation will be small but representative of all Afghanistan from all walks of life.”
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie