25 Taliban Insurgents Killed in Zabul & Uruzgan Operations: Officials
At least 25 Taliban insurgents were killed in separate operations in Zabul and Uruzgan provinces, the Ministry of Defense (MoD) said in a statement on Sunday.
At least 14 Taliban insurgents were killed in an airstrike in Shahr-e-Safa district of Zabul, the statement said, adding that weapons and explosive devices were also destroyed.
The Afghan Special Forces on Saturday night also launched an operation in Trinkot, capital of Zabul, that killed 11 Taliban including their commander “Mullah Mohammad Akbar Mutaqi,” according to the statement.
“The operation was launched in Trinkot with the support of the air forces in which four Taliban strongholds, vehicles and weapons were also seized by the Special Forces,” it said.
The Taliban have not yet commented regarding the operations so far.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie