China Has Done Tremendous Job in Containing the Virus: Afghan Amb.
As China fights the outbreak of the deadly novel coronavirus, Afghan Ambassador to China Javid Ahmad Qaem voiced Afghanistan’s support to the country.
This year marks the 65th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between China and Afghanistan.
In a wide-ranging interview, Global Times (GT) reporter asked the ambassador about how the two countries’ historical friendship facilitates modern interactions, issues relating to the virus epidemic, the China-proposed Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) and the Afghan peace process.
Mr. Qaem declared that the Chinese government has done a tremendous job in trying to curb and contain the virus.
“The way they blocked that area is remarkable and would have been very difficult in any other country to reaching out to those people there,” he said.
“We have some students studying in Wuhan and some of them are living with [Chinese] families. I’m very grateful to the government of China for providing very continuous support to Afghan students at universities and in hostels. Chinese instructors there regularly check on their health. And if they need anything, we’re also in touch with those Chinese professors and instructors,” he added.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie