Negotiating Team to be Announced Within Two Weeks: President Spox
The Afghan government says it is ready to announce the negotiating team for the intra-Afghan negotiations within the next two weeks.
The intra-Afghan talks will begin after the signing of the US-Taliban deal, which, according to the US Department of State, will happen on February 29.
President Ghani’s spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said the authority of the negotiating team will be limited.
“We expect Mr. (Hamid) Karzai, Mr. (Abdullah) Abdullah, Mr. (Mohammad) Mohaqiq, and all politicians to join the convoy of peace and end the war in Afghanistan,” Sediqqi told TOLOnews on Sunday.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie