Taliban Ambush Hits Afghan Forces’ Convoy in Kandahar
A convoy of Afghan forces faced a Taliban ambush in southern Kandahar province on Sunday.
Deputy spokesman of Kandahar Police Abdul Seyar Khaksar told Reporterly, “The Taliban attacked security forces convoy on Uruzgan-Kandahar highway at around 11:00am on Sunday.”
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack which happened amid Reduction in Violence negotiated between the United States and the Taliban.
Kaksar added that the attack happened in Chinar area of Shah Wali Kot District.
The attack involved also a bomb blast that hit a vehicle, according to the source.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie