2,000 Private Media Organisations Have Not Renewed Their Licenses
The Ministry of Information and Culture (MoIC) announced that 2,000 private media outlets and organisations have not renewed their licenses due to tax evasion.
Tahir Zaheer, acting head of the Ministry, warned these organisations on Saturday, that they will face legal action if the licenses are not renewed.
In a meeting on identifying their sources of income, the MoIC heads presented ideas and suggestions for increasing the revenues.
“We can only increase our revenue in the fields of museums, Afghan advertisements, prints, hotels, tourism and Afghan films when we compete with the private sector,” said Zaheer.
Zaheer asked all revenue departments of the MoIC to submit their plans for reviews and asked the Afghan Film Directorate to submit three comprehensive plans to raise their revenues.
Meanwhile, Sayeda Mojgan Mostafavi, deputy minister of tourism, finance and administration at the MoIC, explained their revenues had been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. She expressed hope that it would improve within the next five months.
She said various institutions owe “tens of millions of Afghanis” to the MoIC, and asked them to repay their loans as soon as possible.
On Thursday, the MoIC had announced that the five-star Kabul Serena Hotel owed them about $100 million. For non-payment of rent.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie