US Special Representative Khalilzad Arrives in Kabul
Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad arrived in Kabul on Sunday for consultations with leaders of the National Unity Government, political leaders, civil society, and women to discuss progress in U.S. efforts to facilitate an inclusive peace process, announced the US Embassy in Kabul in a statement.
His arrival in Kabul follows stops in Islamabad, Berlin, and Brussels.
“As peace talks reach a critical phase, engagement with more Afghans across the country on how to achieve a negotiated political settlement that brings a durable peace is of utmost importance”, the statement said.
During his visit, Ambassador Khalilzad will engage Afghans from across society, including youth and students, female business owners and government officials, and religious leaders.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie