Chinese FM Stresses Afghans’ Unity to Fight COVID-19 Pandemic
The Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi has recently had a cordial and friendly phone call with Afghan Acting Foreign Minister Mohammad Hanif Atmar.
This was the first phone call between the two counterparts since Foreign Minister Atmar took office, which is of great significance in the context of the worsening epidemic of COVID-19 in Afghanistan and new opportunities for peace and reconciliation.
China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a press release said that the Chinese officials pay close attention to the development of the epidemic in Afghanistan, knows full well that Afghanistan is facing greater challenges in epidemic prevention and material gap, and sympathizes with the suffering of the Afghan people in the epidemic.
According to the press release, Wang noted that the two countries enjoy the tradition of mutual understanding, trust and support.
“As a neighbor and strategic and cooperative partner of Afghanistan, China is never absent when Afghanistan is in need and always lends a helping hand without any hesitation. In addition to its provision of emergency medical supplies urgently needed in Afghanistan, China will do its best to further support the country in light of its needs,” he said.
This comes as the COVID-19 outbreak has dragged the whole human race into a fierce war with a highly infectious disease on a global scale.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie