Six Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Nangarhar Prison
Afghan local officials have confirmed that at least six prisoners have been infected with the coronavirus in the central jail of the Nangarhar province.
The Nangarhar governor’s press office has confirmed that the prisoners infected with the coronavirus.
According to the governor of Nangarhar, Shah Mahmood Mia Khail of the seven suspected samples of the coronavirus, six of them were confirmed positive.
The governor noted that the health conditions of the prisoners are satisfactory and are self-isolated in a special place.
He cited that 12 other prisoners are also suspected of contracting the virus who are separately quarantined and are concerned under treatment.
This comes as at least 8 cases of the coronavirus were registered in the province during the past 24 hours and the total number of confirmed cases in Nangarhar reaches 162.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie