Egg Price Fall to 6 AFN Per Unit: MoAIL
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (Moal) says the price of egg came down from 12 AFN to 6 AFN per unit on Thursday.
The decrease in egg price happened after officials decided to import quality eggs via three ports to the country.
Wholesale prices of egg in the country have plunged by 15-30 per cent since the outbreak of the novel coronavirus disease, or Covid-19 in the country.
Afghans are stockpiling eggs during the coronavirus crisis as they cook more meals at home. That’s leading to supply shortages and a spike in prices.
As businessmen and hoarders knew that eggs would be imported and would lose control of the prices, they supplied eggs in the markets, which caused prices to decline, said Akbar Rustami, a spokesman for the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie