Khalilzad Distressed Over Civilian Casualties in Afghanistan, Says Real Solution is Ceasefire
US Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation Zalmay Khalilzad wrote on Twitter that the they are distressed by reports of civilian casualties. He said that while they strive to prevent casualties, the real solution is a ceasefire or reduced violence as we pursue lasting peace . However, Khalilzad said that the Taliban are of the opinion that a ceasefire is not part of the agenda.
The victims, he wrote “each one an unnecessary victim of a war that has gone too long. Sons &daughters, brothers &sisters, neighbors & friends. Their deaths outrage us all & we stand with Afghans who protest the deaths & want to end the bloodshed”.
Khalilzad expressed that he deeply regrets any loss of innocent life during military operations. “We never target innocents. War is treacherous & unintended consequences are devastating” he wrote.
“For us, peace is the agenda. The Afghan people have had enough violence & want an end to the war. The United States stands with them. I challenge Talibs to join other Afghans and work to make this the year of peace”, he assured.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie