Over 50 Taliban Insurgents Killed as Security Forces Launch Extensive Operation
The operation to retake the districts under control of Taliban have been launched in Badakhshan. More than 50 Taliban insurgents were killed in the exercise, officials said.
Nek Mohammad Nazari provincial spokesperson told Reporterly on Thursday that an extensive operation has been launched since the past two days, to recapture the districts which are under the control of Taliban.
He confirmed that more than 50 Taliban insurgents were killed as a result of the raids.
The joint clearance operations are carried out by air forces, commando, Police Special Unit, National Army, National Directorate of Security, local police and Public Uprising Forces, Nazari said.
Badakhshan provincial spokesperson emphasized, that the security forces are near to Kuran Wa Munjan district. He also said that in the operations 5 personnel of the joint forces were killed.
The Taliban group had captured Kuran Wa Munjan district on 22nd July.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie