UNHCR Welcomes EU’s Humanitarian Aid of €21 Million for Afghan Refugees
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency Thursday welcomed the European Union’s generous humanitarian aid of €21 million for Afghan refugees and their host communities in Iran and Pakistan. This funding will be channelled towards basic services, such as health, education and access to water.
The announcement of the additional humanitarian funding was made at the Refugee Summit Islamabad, which marked 40 years of hosting Afghan refugees in Pakistan. The conference was co-organized by the Government of Pakistan and UNHCR.
The European Union’s gesture demonstrates continued commitment towards solidarity and burden- and responsibility-sharing with countries such as Pakistan, which hosts large numbers of refugees.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie