Police Thwart Taliban Attack In Dawlatabad District Of Balkh

Kabul: Balkh police on Thursday said that the Taliban used a tank full of explosives to attack the police headquarters of Dawlatabad district of the province, which was identified and destroyed 50 meters from the police headquarters.

Adel Shah Adel, a spokesperson for the Balkh police, said that the incident took place on Wednesday night near the district police headquarters, injuring civilians. He added that the Dawlatabad police headquarters had also been partially destroyed.

Meanwhile, Jalil Qaderizada, the district governor of Dawlatabad district, said three civilians and a security guard had been killed in the blast. The Taliban have not yet commented on the incident.

Meanwhile, in Daikundi province, four members of the uprising forces were killed in a Taliban attack in the village of Sartgab in Patu district of the province, said Naqibullah Malistani, security chief of the Daikundi police.

Malistani added that three other uprisings forces members had been wounded in clashes during the Taliban offensive. According to him, the checkpoint of these forces in the village of Sartgab also fell to the Taliban. The area is currently under Taliban control. The Daikundi police chief also said that eight Taliban fighters were killed and four others were wounded in the clashes.

On the other hand, the Afghan province where Australian troops served for close to a decade could fall to the Taliban as foreign troops withdraw from the war-torn country, ABC News reported. Fierce fighting between government forces and Taliban insurgents is continuing across Uruzgan province with both sides claiming to have inflicted heavy casualties against each other. Sources told ABC News that Taliban now controls five of the six districts in Uruzgan province, while the provisional capital of Tarin Kot is considered contested.

Also dozens of relatives of the wounded members of the security forces, who have been captured by the Taliban in Herat’s Obe district since the past five days, gathered in front of the Herat Governor’s office and closed the office gates on Thursday.

Protesters claim that the government has so far taken no action to rescue about 50 critically injured security forces. They said that they are ready to take up arms alongside security officials to save the lives of the wounded. Meanwhile, Jilani Farhad, spokeperson for the governor of Herat, said that the governor of the province met with the representatives of the protesters and assured them said that their problem would be resolved by the end of the day.

According to reports from Obe district, the number of wounded security forces has increased from 49 to 65.

Meanwhile, local sources in Maidan Wardak province said that three people have been killed when a mortar shell hit a residential house.

Maidan Wardak police spokesperson Mohammad Hufiani said that the incident took place on Wednesday in the village of Foolad Khan in the provincial capital.

According to him, three people, including a man and two women, were killed and another was injured in the incident.

Hofiani added that the rocket was fired by the Taliban. The Taliban have not yet commented.

+ posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Latest from Newsfeed; Thursday, June 17 2021