MoPH Estimates Testing COVID-19 Costs Up To $1,600 Each
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) says testing for COVID-19 case costs up to $1600 each.
News of the virus, officially dubbed COVID-19, even overshadowed the developments In the country.
The Minister of Health, Ferozuddin Firoz in a press conference in Kabul said over 50,000 Afghans have been tested so far who came from Iran, to ensure the safety of our people.
“We are at a high risk level, but we are determined to tackle all cases,” Firoz said.
He emphasized that the health officials cannot protect our people by hiding the facts and they are acting on the virus with full responsibility and honesty.
“So far there are no restrictions on direct flights between Afghanistan and other countries, including Iran, but we suggest those coming from Iran to postpone their trip to the country for a month,” he said.
The Minister declared that six people suspected of having the virus have been sent to quarantine.
“There was one positive case, but one patient in Herat is now at the hospital and is recovering well,” he added.
The virus, which emerged in China, has spread to more and more countries. The World Health Organization (WHO) said the world should do more to prepare for a possible coronavirus pandemic.
The cases reported in Afghanistan have been linked to the outbreak in Iran. Different countries in the region have tightened measures for preventing the spread of the coronavirus to their societies.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie