Afghan Forces Recapture Dahan-e Ghori District of Baghlan
The Afghan security forces have recaptured the Taliban’s long-held strategic Dahan-e-Ghori district in northern Baghlan province after three years.
The Ministry of Defense (MoD) said in a statement that dozens of Taliban fighters, including key regional commanders and shadow administrators, were killed in the ongoing operation in Baghlan province and the province recaptured.
According to the statement, the Taliban had suffered heavy casualties and now do not have the capacity to stand against security forces.
MoD has not commented regarding the casualties of security forces during the operations, but added that the operations will continue in the province.
This comes as the security forces cleared the Dand-e Ghori district of the insurgents yesterday.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie