Six Policemen Killed in Zabul Clashes
At least six policemen were killed and two more were wounded in an attack by the Taliban in Zabul province on Monday night, local media said on Tuesday.
The incident took place after Taliban militants stormed a security outpost in the city of Qalat, the center of Zabul on Monday.
Reports suggest that the Taliban have taken captive three more policemen.
“The Taliban has taken two military vehicles and weapons with them,” the reports said.
Local officials and the Taliban so far have not commented on the incident.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie