US Ambassador Bass calls for reforms in Afghan electoral bodies
US Ambassador to Kabul, John Bass, announced on social media that he agrees with the UNAMA statement on acknowledgement of a delay in presidential elections whilst calling for key reforms in the electoral bodies of the country.
He wrote “Afghan people deserve elections bodies that are non-political, highly capable, and staffed with experts who fan restore public tryst in the elections process”.
The UNAMA on Monday released a statement regarding IEC’s announcement of a 3-month delay in presidential elections. The statement called for release of the new electoral calendar soon and emphasised on proper reforms in the electoral bodies and preparations for the elections so that mistakes are not repeated.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie