Prez Spokesperson: Qatar Meeting Has Created More Trust Among Afghans
Presidential Spokesman Sediq Sediqi while speaking at a press conference in the Government Media and Information Center (GMIC) in Kabul said that the Qatar meeting has created more trust among Afghans.
Sediqqi added that they hope that the US and the Taliban agree on an peace agreement ahead of September 1.
He also clarified that President Ghani is closely monitoring the peace process.
“Afghanistan’s govt is an Islamic govt and it will never change. No individual or group can question this system,” President Ghani’s spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said, referring to a possible demand by the Taliban to change the government as part of a peace deal.
However, President Ghani’s spokesman criticized the lack of issue of freedom of the press in declaration of intra-Afghan dialogue conference. He added that the Afghan government is an Islamic government and that election is the only way of gaining power
“Afghan government is fully aware of details of US-Taliban talks, the talks are moving in positive direction, we hope a memorandum of understanding is reached before September”, Sediqqi said.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie