Qatar Special Envoy Qahtani Appreciates Results of Intra-Afghan Peace Conference
Qatar’s Special Envoy for Counterterrorism and Mediation in Conflict Resolution Mutlaq bin Majid Al Qahtani has announced in statement about the the success and positive result of the two-day Intra-Afghan Peace talks held in Doha under the auspices of the State of Qatar and Germany.
“We are very pleased today fo reach a joint statement as a first step to
Peace and we thank them for their support on the ongoing talks in Qatar which they consider important and positive in ending the conflict in Afghanistan”, Qahtani expressed.
Qahtani also emphasised that what has been reached may be only a first step to find an understanding between the conflicting parties, noting the agreement of all on the importance & the need to build on them & continue efforts, saying “the journey of a thousand miles begins with a step”.
The intra-Afghan conference on peace was held in Doha for two days and concluded on Monday, with several conclusions and blueprint for peace agreed upon by Afghan delegates and Taliban representatives.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie