A spokesperson for Helmand’s governor confirmed that two civilians were killed in a roadside blast on Tuesday morning in Helmand’s Nawa district.
Omar Zwak said the blast occurred at around 8am in the Mangalzoi area when a civilian car collided with the mine.
Another person was injured in the incident.
The governor’s office has said the mine was planted by the Taliban, but the group has not commented yet.
This followed a string of attacks in the province as most of the districts are under Taliban control and clashes are ongoing.
On Monday a rocket attack and car bomb killed at least 23 civilians and wounded 15 others in Sangin district of the province.
Earlier in the day, a roadside bomb had exploded and killed six civilians in Washir district.