Afghanistan’s Ambassador to US Says Her Nation is Warily Hopeful They Will Finally Live in Peace
Afghan ambassador to US, Roya Rahmani says Afghan people are looking at US-Taliban treaty as an opportunity to end this war with a political settlement.
“It is due to the fact that our people are very tired and exhausted of this very long-winding war. And we are just looking at it as an opportunity hoping that that would end up to a durable, sustainable peace for the Afghan people,” Rahmani said in an interview with the Military Times.
She added that the peace deal will be something that will be negotiated between the Afghan government and the Taliban.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie